The firm’s attorneys have extensive experience representing Central Coast vintners, brewers, wine-grape growers, wine consultants and wine trade groups in a wide variety of planning, transactional and litigation matters, including matters involving business formation, sale of business, land use, breach of contract, unfair competition and employment issues. The firm has established relationships with the leading trade group for the Northern San Luis Obispo County wine industry (Paso Robles Vintners and Growers Association) and the leading consultant to the Central Coast wine industry in matters involving bonding, compliance and permit matters with the California Alcoholic Beverage Control Department and the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. Examples of our work include:
- Represented the owners of Chronic Cellars in the sale of their business.
- Represented the owners of Four Vines Winery in the sale of their business.
- Represented Gary Eberle in the restructuring of the ownership of Eberle Winery which resulted in Mr. Eberle gaining majority control of the business.
- Successfully represented a premium vineyard owner in a dispute over a grape contract in which days before harvest the contracting winery sought to terminate the relationship and refused to accept delivery of the grapes.
- Successfully represented a local brewery in a dissolution action brought by a disgruntled stakeholder.
- Ongoing representation of the owners of several wineries and the owners of thousands of acres of premium vineyards and vineyard properties.
- Ongoing pro bono representation of the Paso Robles Vintners and Growers Association.