AMMCG’s attorneys are experienced in litigating, through trial and binding arbitration, claims brought under employment contracts and almost all statutory schemes (state and federal) governing the workplace in both the private and public sectors. Our attorneys have litigated employment claims alleging breach of contract, illegal discrimination (sex, sexual origination, disability, religious, etc.), retaliation, wage and hour violations and wrongful termination. Though we generally represent the employer’s interest, we have represented employers and employees in cases involving protection of trade secrets and proprietary business information, and enforcement of restrictive covenants not to compete. Our employment law related cases include:
- Successfully tried a claim for wrongful termination brought against PG&E.
- Successfully defended employer winery in a three-week jury trial in which a former employee alleged sexual harassment and constructive wrongful termination.
- Represented the Golden State Warriors in both arbitration and court proceedings arising out of the team’s termination of the player contract of star guard Latrell Sprewell after he physically assaulted the team’s head coach during a team practice.
- Successfully represented the Golden State Warriors in an arbitration brought by the team’s former head coach Rick Adelman.
- Represented San Luis Obispo County’s former Chief Administrator Officer in case filed by one of his chief deputies involving claims of hostile environment, sexual harassment, retaliation and wrongful termination of employment.